Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Lost Hero- Book Review

Rick Riordan is my favorite author. You may know him for his Percy Jackson Series, about Greek Mythology, which is my favorite series at the moment. He made a new series called, "The Heroes of Olympus". It is a sequel to the Percy Jackson Series. In this new series, Roman Mythology mixes with Greek Mythology. The first book of "The Heroes of Olympus Series" is called, "The Lost Hero". It is about a kid named Jason Grace. Jason is just like Percy Jackson, but on the roman side. He has two other close friends, just like Percy Jackson does. The wife of Zeus, the Goddess Hera, took the memory of Percy and Jason. She then switched them around putting Jason in the Greek Camp and Percy in the Roman one. Percy's friends at the Greek Camp, are searching for Percy and trying to find out what happened to him and Jason.



I liked to read about Jason's experience at Camp Half Blood, to see how it is different from Percy's in the previous series. I recommend this book to everyone. It teaches you about Greek and Roman Mythology in a fun way. I mean, I don't even know I'm learning until I'm talking to my dad about all the gods. I realize then it's so great that I actually memorized the things in the book. The battles in the book are amazing. The way they describe is so realistic it makes you feel like you are right in the middle of the action. I would rate this book 5 stars! Well, until next time readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment